Combination Espresso and Coffee makers usually get bad rating for not performing as expected or failing too soon, but the only machine we found so far with solid reviews for its consistent performance is the KRUPS XP2280 Espresso Machine and Coffee Maker.
As a coffee maker, the machine does the following:
- 10 cups capacity.
- Fully programmable.
- Pause option allows you to pause the coffee maker and take the carafe at any time during the brewing process.
As an espresso maker, it gives you:
- KRUPS’ precise tamp technology that compresses coffee ground perfectly.
- Thermo lock for fast pre-heating.
- Easy to clean, a button on the portafilter discards coffee ground with a click.
- Steam wand for milk heating/frothing.
The machine is stainless steel built, which makes it more durable and easy to clean. It also gives it a nice sleek look. Using the machine is quite simple, buttons are marked clearly, and the small display makes programming the machine to your liking a breeze.
Click here to read the customer reviews of the KRUPS XP2280 Espresso Machine and Coffee Maker on amazon.
The first thing you’ll notice about the KRUPS XP4600 Silver Art Collection Espresso machine is its striking good looks. Sleek and shiny, this machine will add a touch of elegance to your countertop, without a doubt. But let’s get to what really matters, how does the machine work? Is it worth your money?
KRUPS is a well-known and trusted brand in the appliance world, so that’s the first good thing about it. It’s a pump machine, and features what most pump espresso machines have:
- 15 bar pressure pump.
- Filter holder that works with ground coffee or E.S.E espresso pods.
- Steam wand for milk steaming and frothing.
One of the top features of this machine is KRUPS patented precise tamp system that compresses coffee grounds perfectly for the best shot of espresso.
The machine is built from beautiful glossy chrome, this not only makes it good to look at, but makes it easy to wipe clean. It also features stainless steel and wood trims, so it definitely looks gorgeous. It’s very simple to use, with buttons and dial knob options, it is very user-friendly, especially for beginners.
The KRUPS Silver Art espresso machine is priced under $300* , making it a great investment as a first at-home machine. You’ll want to get a few accessories to go with it for the full experience: a milk pitcher (less than $10), a coffee grinder – if you don’t have one already, and maybe a nice set of espresso cups.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
Click here if you’d like to read customer reviews of this machine on Amazon.
The KRUPS Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine is something that every espresso/coffee lover who appreciates convenient needs in their kitchen. It’s an all-in-one unit that makes you several coffee drinks in a matter of seconds. Made in France by the reputable German brand KRUPS, this is definitely one of one the best super-automatic espresso machines on the market.
Who is it best for?
Like we mentioned above, it is perfect for a lazy coffee lover who wants to grab a quick yet great cup of coffee or espresso with a push of a button.
What makes it the best?
- It’s a fully automated espresso machine that requires no work on your part.
- It’s an all-in-one machine. It stores and grinds coffee beans, and brews the freshly ground coffee into espresso, strong espresso, coffee or long coffee.
- an integrated milk tank and milk frother allows you to create more specialized milk-based coffee drinks such as: Cappuccino, Latte or Macchiato.
- It’s has fantastic self-cleaning features. After your coffee is brewed, excess water is automatically discharged to clean the machine. Auto-rinsing and descaling programs are available too.
- The clear LCD display and the ‘one touch’ button allow you to easily control your machine. From tailor-made drinks, control the size of your coffee, cleaning options or auto-start options – all easily controlled by one button and the LCD display.
- The integrated water tank fills up 1.8 liters of water and has an empty tank detection option. So when your machine runs out of water, it will tell you so on the LCD display.
- The coffee bean storage tank takes up to 275 grams of coffee. The beans are safely stored there, and the machines takes and grinds as much as it needs to make you your tailor-made espresso/coffee. The result is the freshest cup of coffee you can get!
- The machine also features a hot water dispenser, which you can use to make tea, hot chocolate or even soup!
- The coffee outlet is height-adjustable so you can adjust it to any cup size you want to use. Lower it down for small espresso cups or lift it up for larger latte cups.
- Compared to other espresso machines, this machine is rather on the compact size.
- Available in two colors: black or red.
Want to see it in action? Watch the following video:
Any downside (CONS) to the Krups Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine?
Many customers have mentioned that they’re not happy with the fact that few of the machine parts are made of plastic, questioning the fact that the plastic would not crack with the heat. But you do get 2 years (or 6,000 cups) warranty, so if you should have any problem within that time, you’ll get proper support for it.
The KRUPS XP618050 is a semi-automatic espresso machine that packs some really great features for the espresso enthusiast to make use of. Designed with commercial grade features, but with the home user in mind, this is a really solid machine to have at home to make all kind of coffee drinks with ease and at a professional level.
Features of KRUPS XP618050:
- Double thermoblock system (heating system). Which means you’ll be able to brew espresso and froth/heat milk at the same time.
- 16 bar pressure.
- Programmable push-button features as well as manual.
- Large 100oz water tank with level indicator.
- Two separate nozzles: one for milk frothing/steam and another for hot water dispensing.
- Ability to brew one or two espresso shots at the same time.
- An active cup warming plate.
- Compatible with coffee ground or E.S.E pods.
The machine is built from full stainless steel exterior, making it durable and easy to clean and maintain, and of course, gives it a beautiful modern and sleek look. A polished chrome brew head is another plus in this machine.
There are easy to use buttons on the top of the KRUPS XP618050, one of a single shot, another for a double shot, one for manual use and other to program the machine. There are two knob controls on each side to go with each nozzle. On the left is the steam wand to helps you heat and froth milk. Being a dual thermoblock machine, you’ll be able to steam the milk as the machine brews the coffee – unlike a single heater machine which requires a bit of a wait between each task. On the right is the hot water dispenser, which you can use to prepare anything from Americano (which is espresso+hot water) or to brew a cup of tea. The hot water will always be ready to use.
The generous 3 Liter (100 oz) tank is something that many of espresso machines in this categories lack. This is most certainly a plus. On top of the machine, there’s an active cup warming plate that keeps your cups warm and ready to use at all times. Although professional baristas prefer to use hot water to heat the cups (which you can also do using the hot water dispenser), this is a quite pleasant feature to have.
Included with your purchase of the KRUPS XP618050 is a portafilter with single shot filter, double shot filter, a pod filter, a coffee scoop and a tamper. For the best shot of espresso, you are recommended to use a coffee grinder and grind coffee right before use (see our recommended coffee grinders for espresso here).
If you’re for an inexpensive pump espresso machine, you might want to consider the KRUPS XP5220 Pump Espresso Machine for an incredible price that is under $200. (prices are correct at of the writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
The machine gives you different options of using ground coffee, E.S.E pods or soft pods. The steam wand is excellent for frothing milk for a nice cup of Cappuccino. Simply use the rotary knob to select between brewing or frothing.
The portafilter gives you the option to extract one or two cups of espresso at a time, but it is important that you remember to use the correct measurement for making two cups of espresso instead of one.
While this machine is capable of creating a good cup of coffee, and is available at a quite inexpensive price, don’t expect it to work for a long time. Reportedly, the built of this machine is quite poor and it breaks easily. So, with such an inexpensive price comes an issue of quality and having to replace the machine in few months time. Is it really worth it? I don’t think so.
If what you’re looking for is a pump espresso machine, the Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso machine comes highly recommended, it is more expensive, but will last you longer. Another great option is the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters