So far, we’ve talked about the Lattissima EN720 and EN680 in our blog, and we’ve lined out the difference between them. In this post, we’ll be looking at two other lattissima models, the Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus.
What Is The Difference Between The Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus?
Like many other espresso machines, these might look quite similar when you see them for the first time. And they are, to some extent. There are two main similarities in these two machines:
- They are powered by Nespresso’s Capsule system. So you can ONLY use Nespresso capsules with them.
- They have an integrated milk frother which heats and froths the milk automatically and pours it right into your cup.
What about the differences?
- The DeLonghi Pro is a newer, much polished and much improved version of the Lattissima Plus.
- The PRO features a touch-screen display which allows you to easily customize your drinks. The PLUS has push-buttons.
- The PRO has 6 drinks already pre-set and ready for you to try! All pre-sets can be reprogrammed as well. The PLUS has 3 drink pre-sets.
- Design wise: The Lattissima PRO featured beautiful Italian design, full stainless steel body with blue LED blacklight indicators. The PLUS has plastic body, and available in few colors.
- Both machines has detachable milk frothers, but with the Lattissima PRO you can have milk froth without the need to brew coffee, which you can use for hot chocolate for example. This option isn’t available in the PLUS.
- The Lattissima PRO features a hot water dispenser which gives you boiled water instantly.
How To Use the Lattissima Pro:
Having an automatic grind-to-brew system like this Philips Saeco Talea Giro Plus means one thing: ALWAYS fresh and perfectly measured cup of coffee. With a built-in ceramic disc grinder, and so many customization options, you know you’ll have your coffee exactly how you like it, every single time.
- Built-in ceramic disc grinder. does not rust, quieter grinding, perfect dosing and blending.
- Bypass doser for pre-ground coffee.
- Adjustable grind strength with dial control.
- Adjustable coffee volume and intensity.
- 57 ounce water tank with water filteration.
- Steam wand for milk frothing.
- Touch Lift Technology: Manual drip tray moves up and down to fit any sized cup and is removable for cleaning.
Cleaning and maintaining this machine is quite easy. The used coffee ground collects in a tray inside the machine which is easy to remove and wash. Drip tray is also removable can be easily washed and cleaned.
This machine is another collaboration between DeLonghi and Nespresso to bring the patented features of both companies in one powerful machine to prepare espresso, cappuccino, latte, macchiato and pretty much any coffee drink you could ever crave.
- DeLonghi’s patented Single Touch hot milk system that heats and froths milk for you with a single touch.
- Nespresso’s capsule system allows you to prepare espresso with a single push of a button.
- Double boilers allow you to brew coffee and heat/froth milk at the same time.
- Detachable milk tank that allows you to easily take the tank out and place it in the fridge to save the remaining of the milk for later use.
- Illuminated control panel with button controls. Choose from 2 coffee options and 2 milk options.
- Sliding adjustable drip tray that accommodates different cup sizes.
Preparing drinks is a breeze with this machine. It does everything for you. Simple put in your preferred Nespresso capsule and push the button! Few seconds later, you’ll have a perfectly made, delicious coffee drink.
The DeLonghi EN680 M is not the latest in the DeLonghi Lattissima line, we’ve already featured the EN720 which is the latest one. Both machines work the same, but the EN720 is – obviously – an upgraded version with slight differences.
What’s the difference between DeLonghi Lattissima EN680 M and EN720 M?
The only difference between the two machines is in the Memory Function and Indicators for capsule tank and water tank:
- The EN680 M features a memory function for Cappuccino, Latte and Macchiato. EN720 M has a memory function for: Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato, Espresso, Long coffee, Milk and Hot Water.
- The EN680 lacks the indicators that tell you that your capsules drawer is full and an empty tank indicator. The EN720 has both indicators.
As for everything else, the two machines are identical. There’s about a $300 price difference between the EN680 and the EN720, so you need to make sure which features are most important to you.
Sleek Italian design meets super automatic powers. The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica is just that, it is magnificent! This machine is perfect for anyone looking for an automatic espresso machine that does it all for an incredible budget of under $1000!
What makes this machine one of the best machines for home?
- It’s a super-automatic, all-in-one unit. It’s easy to use with simple push-button options.
- The front panel features buttons which allow you to customize your coffee – size and quantity- choose from: short, long, weak or strong. You can also choose the amount of water for your cup of coffee.
- It features a patented Cappuccino system that steams and froths milk for the creamiest cup of Cappuccino.
- An integrated grinder gives you a ‘direct-to-brew’ system. Which means fresh coffee made from the freshest coffee grind.
- Because this machine understand different coffee taste comes from different grinds, it allows you to adjust the grind setting to get your preferred grind fineness. You assure your espresso will be perfectly made to your taste, every single time!
- The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica features dual boilers, one of the espresso extraction and the other for milk steamer. Which means, you can make coffee and steam/froth milk at the same time. (Unlike machines with one boiler, which require you to wait between the espresso extraction and the milk steaming).
- Removable water tank and coffee bean container. This allows for easy refill of water and beans without having to move the entire machine.
- The Magnifica’s exclusive cup tray keeps your cup warm before use.
Any cons to the Magnifica ESAM3300?
- The insides of the machine has many plastic parts, which can be of concern to some people.
- It can get a little noisy.
- There’s no auto start option. But the machine does start up quickly
The KRUPS Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine is something that every espresso/coffee lover who appreciates convenient needs in their kitchen. It’s an all-in-one unit that makes you several coffee drinks in a matter of seconds. Made in France by the reputable German brand KRUPS, this is definitely one of one the best super-automatic espresso machines on the market.
Who is it best for?
Like we mentioned above, it is perfect for a lazy coffee lover who wants to grab a quick yet great cup of coffee or espresso with a push of a button.
What makes it the best?
- It’s a fully automated espresso machine that requires no work on your part.
- It’s an all-in-one machine. It stores and grinds coffee beans, and brews the freshly ground coffee into espresso, strong espresso, coffee or long coffee.
- an integrated milk tank and milk frother allows you to create more specialized milk-based coffee drinks such as: Cappuccino, Latte or Macchiato.
- It’s has fantastic self-cleaning features. After your coffee is brewed, excess water is automatically discharged to clean the machine. Auto-rinsing and descaling programs are available too.
- The clear LCD display and the ‘one touch’ button allow you to easily control your machine. From tailor-made drinks, control the size of your coffee, cleaning options or auto-start options – all easily controlled by one button and the LCD display.
- The integrated water tank fills up 1.8 liters of water and has an empty tank detection option. So when your machine runs out of water, it will tell you so on the LCD display.
- The coffee bean storage tank takes up to 275 grams of coffee. The beans are safely stored there, and the machines takes and grinds as much as it needs to make you your tailor-made espresso/coffee. The result is the freshest cup of coffee you can get!
- The machine also features a hot water dispenser, which you can use to make tea, hot chocolate or even soup!
- The coffee outlet is height-adjustable so you can adjust it to any cup size you want to use. Lower it down for small espresso cups or lift it up for larger latte cups.
- Compared to other espresso machines, this machine is rather on the compact size.
- Available in two colors: black or red.
Want to see it in action? Watch the following video:
Any downside (CONS) to the Krups Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine?
Many customers have mentioned that they’re not happy with the fact that few of the machine parts are made of plastic, questioning the fact that the plastic would not crack with the heat. But you do get 2 years (or 6,000 cups) warranty, so if you should have any problem within that time, you’ll get proper support for it.
The Jura Capresso ENA5 is an automatic espresso machine and coffee center for under $1000*. It’s a one-touch machine and totally customizable to make you a coffee drink just as you like.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
- Built-in conical burr grinder with multiple grind options (5 different grinds)
- Pre-ground coffee can be used as well.
- Dual dispensing spout for making one or two shots at the same time.
- Dispensing spout is hight adjustable and rotating.
- Interactive multi-color display and easy to use dial is used to customize your drinks and program your machine.
- frothXpress milk frothing system makes it easy to froth milk for coffee drinks.
- Hot water dispensing option also available.
- Auto self-rinsing keeps the machine always clean and ready to use.
With an automatic machine like the Jura ENA5, you’ll be able to make any coffee drink from brewed coffee to espresso, cappuccino, latte, macchiato… and any gourmet coffee drink there is! The built-in conical burr grinder grinds only as much coffee ground you need for the drink it will prepare. This gives you absolutely the freshest cup of coffee you can have! All you have to do is push a button and the Jura ENA5 will grind and dose the perfect amount of coffee to make your requested drink. Your drink will always be perfectly balanced, fresh and delicious!
There are a few cons associated with the Jura ENA5, they’re not a deal-breaker for most people, but it’s up for you to decide:
- Lack of cup warming tray: some people appreciate the cup tray on top of an espresso machine, they keep cups hot and ready to use. However, rinsing the cup with hot water (using the dispenser) will make your cup even hotter than a warming tray.
- Relatively small water tank: the water tank is about 37 oz. so depending on your use, more than one refill could be required per day. The reason the tank is small is because this machine is one of the smallest automatic espresso machines in the world, so the tank has to be small to keep that title.
- No Auto-on option: a clock and an auto-on option would be greatly appreciated by anyone who wants to wake up to a machine ready to use in the morning. However, the Jura ENA5 takes only a few minutes to heat up and work, so it won’t take much time before you can use it.
Overall, the Jura ENA5 Coffee and Espresso machine is a great automatic machine and it comes highly recommended. Available in two colors: Red and Black.
On our quest to find you the best automatic espresso machine priced conveniently under $1000, we came across a solid machine from a well reputable brand: Gaggia 90500 Titanium Super Automatic Espresso Machine. With a nice built-in conical burr grinder, a generous 60 oz water tank and everything you need to make delicious and fresh cup of coffee, cappuccino or latte… with this machine, you’ll never buy another cup of coffee again!
Features of the Gaggia 90500 Titanium Machine:
- Push button system – just push the programmed button for your preferred drink and let the machine do the rest!
- LCD digital control panel.
- Built-in conical burr grinder gives you coffee from the freshest coffee ground possible.
- 18 adjustable coffee grind options – 8 1/2 pounds bean hopper.
- Dual boils for coffee brewing and steaming. This allows the waiting time between brewing and steaming/frothing milk. The steam wand will always be ready to use instantly!
- Adjustable dispensing head for different cup sizes.
- Cup warmer on top of the machines fits up to 6 cups and keeps them warm and ready for you to use.
- 60 oz removable water tank makes it easy to refill.
As you’ve probably noticed, the machine is housed in stainless steel that makes it very durable, easy to clean and of course, gives it a nice sleek look. It’s a truly, fully automatic machine that, once setup, requires no work from you at all. With features like automatic frothing attachment, turbo frothing from the stainless steel steam wand, auto (as well as adjustable) coffee ground doser, you’ll be making top notch coffee drinks like the most professional barista in no time.
If you’re a frequent coffee house visitor, paying $5 per coffee drink, you need a machine like the Gaggia 90500 Titanium. You’ll be saving yourself so much money, as well as long queue time. You will see how such a super automatic machine pays for itself over and over again and you’ll wonder how you’ve ever lived without one before!
The Philips Saeco Syntia Focus is an all-in-one automatic espresso machine with a built-in grinder and milk frother for under $1000* . If you’re looking for fresh and delicious coffee drinks with a touch of a button, you’ll love this one.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
- Tri-color LED display for easy use and control. Different colors flash to indicate different functions of the machine.
- Adjustable built-in grinder with ceramic disc (will never rust). Auto on/off function.
- Removable 40 oz water tank.
- Coffee hopper is very well sealed to ensure fresh beans for a long time.
- Steam wand for each milk frothing.
- Compact sleek design that fits anywhere on your counter top.
- Stainless steel housing keeps the machine clean and makes it long-lasting.
Two of the most praised features on the Philips Saeco Syntia is the ease of use (really works with push-button features) and how quiet it is. Normally, an automatic machine such as this can be quite noisy – at least at grinding, but not this one! You’ll also love how adjustable it is. You will be able to program your preferred size of coffee cup without compromising the taste, since the grind is also adjustable, the correct amount of coffee with be used.
Included with the machine you will get: milk carafe, water filter, cleaning brush, coffee measuring scoop, and of course the instructions you need to get started. So you’re pretty set to go and make your first cup of coffee out of the box. And if you’re not into this stainless steel look, the machine is also available in black.
By the way, if you want the coffee cups in the picture, they’re the Bodum Pavina double-wall glasses.
If you’ve been researching many automatic espresso machines, you probably noticed they don’t come cheap. Most automatic machines range in the $800 to $1000 price range. But not the Saeco Odea Giro Plus II, it is one of the few excellent automatic espresso and cappuccino makers for under $600*! And if you’re worried the price takes away from the functionality of this machine, it doesn’t. The Saeco Odea Giro Plus II is packed with features that makes you your favorite coffee drinks with unbelievable simplicity.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
Features of the Odea Giro Plus II:
- Built-in grinder with ceramic disc. You don’t have to worry about rusting issues!
- Stainless Steel boiler with Rapid Steam technology.
- 6.35 ounce coffee bean hopper. The hopper is perfectly sealed to keep your coffee beans fresh.
- Opti-Dose System lets you Determine how much Ground Coffee is used per Serving.
- Steam wand that doubles as a hot water dispenser. You’ll always have hot water ready for tea or any other beverages or uses.
- Comes with Cappuccinatore, a unit that attaches to the steam wand for automatic milk frothing.
- Adjustable drip tray that accommodates all cup sizes, including travel mugs.
The Giro Plus II is truly an easy to use automatic machine, you can do everything with a simple touch of a button. If you’re looking for an easy way to make a cafe-like cup of cappuccino without having to learn how to use a manual machine, an automatic machine like the Odea Giro Plus II is excellent for you. And just because it’s automatic, doesn’t mean it will do everything as it’s programmed by default, you actually have the ability to control how the grind is, fine or coarse or somewhere in between, You will also be able to program the coffee volume. You’ll be able to program the machine exactly as you like, it is your machine, after all!
The De’Longhi EN720.M Lattissima espresso and cappuccino maker with Capsules system is powered by Nespresso’s leading and powerful capsules system. This machines makes it super easy to create delicious gourmet coffee drinks with a touch of a button.
The De’Longhi Nespresso EN720.M Lattissima is truly automatic and mess-free, it features:
- A simple touch of a button system for gourmet coffee drinks.
- A detachable, patented “single touch” milk tank.
- Control panel with illuminated touch buttons. Choose from 2 coffee options and 2 milk options.
- An easy to use capsule system. Insert your favorite coffee capsule and brew your drink with a touch of a button.
- Automatic capsule ejection after the drink is brewed.
- Energy-saving and adjustable auto on/off timer.
- Adjustable drip tray that can accommodate different cup sizes.
- Cup warmer tray that keeps your Espresso cups always ready for use.
The brilliance of this machine comes in the fact that Nespresso provided its patented capsule system and De’Longhi came with its patented detachable milk container. Unlike other machines, this container is detachable so you can move it easily and store it in the fridge to save unused milk, instead of having it go to waste. This is a truly, fully automatic machine. All you’ll have to do is: place the capsule, put the milk container in place, place your cup and press the button for your preferred drink – and you’ve got yourself a delicious aromatic cup of authentic Italian coffee. After the coffee is done brewing, the machine will eject the capsule into a container that collects all used capsules before you have to dispose them. And you can move the milk tank to the fridge until you have to use it again.
The De’Longhi EN720 M is the latest machine in the De’Longhi Lattisima machines powered by Nespresso Capsules system. For a fully automatic espresso machine, it is priced very well under $1000 (most automatic espresso machines are $1000+ – see our pick of automatic machines under $1000 here). It sets itself apart with a large 40 ounce water tank, and a removable milk tank that other De’Longhi Lattissima machines might lack. It’s capsule system makes it super easy to use and absolutely mess-free.
DeLonghi EN72o vs. EN680, Is There a Difference?
We’ve previously featured the Lattissima EN680 on our blog. It’s almost identical to the EN72o in every way, however, it is an older version of it. There are extra features in the EN720 that would make it worth the price difference:
- It has dedicated buttons for each drink. It’s all pre-set so you simply push a button and let it do everything for you.
- It features full pod drawer and empty water tank indicators.
- Illuminated control panel.
Overall, the EN720 is more advanced than the EN680, but also costs more. If you’re on a tight budget, you can let go of a few features and go for the EN680 without worrying about drink quality.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters